Dreamers

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Short and to the point. I've probably seen it a hundred times. I was browsing through the IKEA catalog that came in the mail. I found a room that expressed my style, and then I looked closely at the contents of the room. It was filled with pointe shoes, on the ledge, on the shelves, etc. I thought that was just perfect! Aside from the colors, purple walls, sheer gauzy curtains, and a huge three way mirror, it was astounding that the room was filled with pink pointe shoes.

I think there is a direct correlation between your identity and the way your house or surroundings look. Sometimes in my life they have been mismatched, but ultimately I still have the dream in my mind that will become reality.

The quote was on the wall of one of the rooms in the catalog. It is so true, dreams keep you alive and awake inside. I spent a few years shrinking back from my dreams, partly because I was overwhelmed by the intensity of their power! I was in a pretty dark place, I mean not depressed, but I think that positive connection that I had to my dreams was weak! Kool-Aid with no sugar.

Sort of why Obama was so galvanizing and such a moment in history. The dreamers saw their dream become reality.

 And on that note, Happy Birthday Mr. President.

Comments

Popular Posts