Staten Island Ferry- Sighing Woman

I was going to delete this post. Then I decided that as much as I hated to read it, there was some truth in it. And maybe I needed to express my frustration about this day in particular, since I am owning my emotions these days.

This post was written after one of the field trips during the summer camp. I went on many field trips, but this one must have had some particular annoyances if I needed to come home and write about it!

I was not looking forward to this field trip at ALL. Im sorry, but I just do not like this field trip. Aside from it being a logistical NIGHTMARE. The trip itself is like nothing. There is no stellar view, at least not for the kids to enjoy. It was not something that I was looking forward to at all. Did I already mention that?

Once we acutally arrived on the Staten Island side, we sat down and ate lunch. The campers ate frozen sandwiches in the heat thanks to the cafeteria.

Basically it was a day that I was feeling responsible for everything- including other people's happiness. And that's where my crazy begins.

So I am happy to say I recognize that my disappointment with this trip was directly related to my delusional expectation that I could predict or control anyone else's reactions! They are responsible for themselves- as am I.

Thank goodness for that.

And now you can read the other version of the day, according to a more resentful version of the day!

So how was your day?

Sigh.

Today sucked bananas.

Huge sigh.

Huge extended sigh.

Eye roll.

Eye roll.

Whatever.

Pish.

Posh.

Pish. Posh.

Whatever.

Can you say completely pointless WASTE of time???

Or maybe I'll just sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts