Self Awakening

Yoga has less to do with what you can do with your body or with the ability to still your mind than it has to do with the happiness that unfolds from realizing your full potential.

Soul's Desire Rod Stryker, Yoga Journal Magazine


My yoga practice has taken me to many new places in my life. Some high, some low, and some in between. I was led to try something different, and study something in Grad School that had always interested me, Dance Education. I kept putting it off and putting it off. Had it not been for my yoga practice, I would not have gone back to Grad School. Well, eventually yes, but the yoga practice certainly made things move more swiftly.

Studying dance intensively was something that I often dreamt about. I  wanted to enroll in a dance program to deepen my dance knowledge, and extend my repertoire of dance techniques.

The program was all that I thought it would be, and much more. Graduating from the program did bring me to a new plateau in some areas of my life. But it also boomeranged me right back to where I was before I started the program!!


I can only read the quote above and think how true it is. I was ready to embrace the physical aspects of yoga, but how it could truly help me to embrace happiness and self realization sort of eluded me.

I am starting again.


Comments

Popular Posts